Coherent Technical Services, Inc is seeking a Dynamics/Controls Engineer to support various projects with our broad customer base including an ongoing NAVAIR Aerial Refueling Modeling and Simulation program and impending autonomous unmanned aerial vehicle airframe/hardware/software development and testing.
The role will perform the following tasks:
- Support the refinement and implementation of in-house developed IVLM/TVLM software toolkit for real-time tanker aerodynamic effects modeling in a flight simulation environment across contemporary Naval aircraft platforms such as MQ-25, FA-18EF, E-2D, and V-22.
- Support conversion of IVLM/TVLM MATLAB and Simulink code to C-code libraries that can be directly called within the Navy “CASTLE” simulation framework.
- Support the refinement and implementation of in-house developed hose/drogue dynamic model in a fully coupled aerial refueling simulation environment.
- Lead the development, prototyping, and flight testing of controller hardware/software in conjunction with expanding unmanned aerial vehicle program needs.
- BS or BA degree in engineering, physics, computer, electrical or electronic engineering.
- Interest and 2+ years’ experience in embedded systems, including hardware design and firmware.
- Interest and 2+ years’ experience in air vehicle autonomy and deployment.
- Simulation experience (particularly with CASTLE) is an asset
- 2+ years' experience with MATLAB / Simulink.
- 2+ years' experience with developing C/C++
- Be able to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Possess strong organization, documentation, and project management skills.
- Possess a strong desire to problem solve continue to learn.
U.S. Citizenship is required for security clearance eligibility. Must be able to obtain a Top-Secret clearance.