Our Combat Integration and Identification Systems team has an immediate opening for an Engineering Manager. The position is located at a US Navy facility in Southern Maryland in support of Identification, Friend or Foe (IFF) and other technologies and involves direct customer interaction and cross-organization teamwork. The successful candidate must be willing to locate to St. Mary’s County, Maryland and either possess, or can obtain, at minimum, a Secret security clearance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Interface with system or program contractors, vendors, and Government representatives regarding the technical aspects of the programs/projects.
- Works with project leaders to define tasks, including software and hardware development, determine appropriate resources, and assign resources as appropriate.
- Manage a team of 10-15 multi-disciplined engineers supporting various research, development, test, and evaluation projects, including requirements development, model-based systems engineering, software development, hardware development, laboratory testing, and field testing.
- Review white papers, analyses of alternatives, and other research efforts.
- Support the Program Manager with manpower planning.
- Apply project experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
- Apply project principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate military weapon systems.
- Review and prepare project and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Serve as the Deputy Program Manager, assisting the Program Manager with planning, corporate reviews, and high-level customer interface.
- BS or BA degree in engineering, computer science or information systems
- At least 10 years of experience in engineering management and supervision of a project in systems engineering, command and control systems, communication systems, or other technical systems.
- Experience as a technical project leader of engineering projects, including design and development and test and evaluation.
- Experience managing a cross-functional engineering team.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.