Our engineering team supporting Combat Integration and Identification Systems has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer. The position is located at a US Navy facility in Southern Maryland in support of Identification, Friend or Foe (IFF) technology and involves direct customer interaction and cross-organization teamwork. The successful candidate must be willing to locate to St. Mary’s County, Maryland and either possess, or be able to obtain, a Secret security clearance.
Skills & Education
- Demonstrated understanding of both procedural and object-oriented computer programming languages and techniques (typically C, C++, and Java).
- Demonstrated understanding of computer organization & architecture including assembler level programming.
- Interest and ability to perform software development on both real-time-embedded systems as well as user-interface applications.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or another engineering discipline from an ABET program. Alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree in computer science from a nationally accredited school.
- Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, test or evaluate software associated with Identify Friend or Foe (IFF) Identification Systems.
- Assists in the review and preparation of engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Participates in the software development process, including code creation, software/hardware integration, configuration management, and software quality assurance testing.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.