Our engineering team supporting Combat Integration and Identification Systems has an immediate opening for a Mid-Level Software Engineer. The position is located at a US Navy facility in Southern Maryland in support of Identification, Friend or Foe (IFF) technology and involves direct customer interaction and cross-organization teamwork. The successful candidate must be willing to locate to St. Mary’s County, Maryland and either possess, or be able to obtain, a Secret security clearance.
Skills & Education:
- Demonstrated experience in both procedural and object-oriented computer programming languages and techniques (typically C, C++, and Java).
- Demonstrated experience in computer organization & architecture, including assembler-level programming.
- Demonstrated understanding of data communications theory and techniques including protocol stacks such as TCP/IP, and UDP/IP.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, architecture and development of real-time-embedded software, preferably in the avionics, defense, or medical industry, including detailed knowledge of real-time operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead small teams of three to five software engineers in the development process.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree from an ABET accredited program in electrical or computer engineering. Alternatively, a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science from a nationally accredited school.
- Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, test or evaluate software associated with Identify Friend or Foe (IFF) Identification Systems.
- Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Applies engineering experience to perform functions such as software engineering design, software development, software/hardware integration, configuration management, and software quality assurance testing.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.