Founded in 2005, CTSi is one of Maryland's most innovative, fastest growing companies. Our expertise is focused on technical solutions for the Department of Defense, Nasa, and our commercial customers. We're a Top Secret cleared facility known for innovative, rapid, development and close working relationships with our customers.
CTSi is seeking a Mid-Level Systems Engineer to join our Advanced Adversary Fighter team. They will support our effort to integrate high-tech avionic and mission systems onto various fighter jet platforms. For this role, the candidate must be able to work well in a fast-paced team environment, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivering high-quality products. The candidate must either be willing to locate to St. Mary's County, Maryland or demonstrate previous ability to work remotely. The candidate must either possess, or be able to obtain, a security clearance.
- Support efforts in system design, requirements development, and functional allocation of hardware, software, and other system components in support of modernization of legacy fighter jet platforms
- Support the development of system integration plans, procedures, and scenarios
- Participate in system requirements reviews; create and/or update requirement specifications and technical documentation as required
- Use a structured requirements process to ensure requirements are clear, unambiguous, and verifiable
- Review system engineering documentation to ensure specifications meet system needs
- Assist in the development of test cases including reviewing proposed test cases, adding missing content, and deleting non-value add content
- Interface with avionics manufacturers to identify, investigate, and resolve system issues
- Collaborate cross-functionality with a system engineers, project managers, and other engineers in an agile environment
- Participate in laboratory, ground, and flight testing to verify and validate the product
- BS Degree in Systems Engineering, Engineering, Engineering, or related field with 4+ years of demonstrated experience in the industry
- Experience with system integration of avionics systems/equipment on airborne platforms
- Experience with system modeling and other MBSE tools/techniques
- Ability to convey technical ideas in a clear, logical fashion
- Ability to translate highly technical discussions into executable plans
- Experience developing hardware and software system specifications and requirements
- Ability to work in a team environment; provide constructive alternatives/approaches to solving issues; be flexible; and have a strong sense of urgency for critical tasks
- Experience with Enterprise Architect (EA)
- Experience with system integration on fighter jet platforms
- Systems integration experience with 1553 communications, RS-232/422 communications, and ARINC-429 communications
- Experience with MIL-STD 882E and/or DO-178C
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.