Our Combat Integration and Identification Systems team has an immediate opening for a Program Manager. The position is located at a US Navy facility in Southern Maryland in support of Identification, Friend or Foe (IFF) and other technologies and involves direct customer interaction and cross-organization teamwork. The successful candidate must be willing to locate to St. Mary’s County, Maryland and either possess, or can obtain, at minimum, a Secret security clearance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of an engineering services contract with the Naval Air Warfare Center – Aircraft Division Combat Integration and Identification Systems (CI&IDS) division, including overseeing deliverables, coordinating with the COR, managing a 30-person project team consisting of CTSi and subcontractor personnel, interfacing with division leadership, and providing routine reports to CTSi corporate leadership.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for our Government CI&IDS customer on all program/project and contract administrative issues.
- Manage a diverse team providing on-site information technology and engineering support including network administration, software and hardware development, test and evaluation, cybersecurity, IT help desk services, and prototype fabrication.
- Develop management procedures and controls, plan and direct project execution, and monitor and report progress. Identify risks to successful program and project execution, develop mitigation strategies, and track and report progress. Identify opportunities for growth, develop capture strategies, and track and report progress.
- Work with corporate financial analysts to track funding versus expenditures, determine burn rates for individual projects, and provide financial reports to customer financial teams.
- Work with customer technical project leaders to define tasks and schedules, develop cost estimates, and identify required resources.
- Work with CTSi human resources personnel to develop job requisitions, interview and evaluate candidates, and hire new project staff as needed to meet customer requirements.
- Develop task execution plans, including cost and schedule estimates, to complete customer-identified engineering and IT projects.
- Ensure the contract is executed in accordance with CTSI policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing technical proposals for related efforts within the CI&IDS division as well as with other clients and customers.
- BS in engineering, engineering management, physics, computer science, business administration or management.
- PMP certificate or equivalent desired.
- A total of 16 years performing the foregoing functions.
- Experience in electrical engineering, engineering management and supervision of multiple projects in systems engineering or the design of or field service of military command and control, communication systems, or systems engineering.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.