Founded in 2005, CTSi is one of Maryland's most innovative, fastest growing companies. Our expertise is focused on technical solutions for the Department of Defense, NASA, and our commercial customers. We're a cleared facility known for innovative, rapid development and close working relationships with our customers. We are seeking candidates to fill a Senior CNC Machinist position.
- Program, setup and operate CNC Live tool lathes
- Program, setup and operate 3, 4, and 5 Axis CNC milling machines.
- Setup and operate general shop equipment such as shears, drill presses, manual mills and lathes.
- Program CNC machines using CAM software
- Reviews drawings, instructions, blueprints
- Takes precise measurements to ensure quality is met using calipers, height gauges, gauge pins, etc.
- Selects appropriate tooling to complete task.
- Plans proper sequence of tasks to complete the assignment.
- Design and create fixturing and work-holding for complex parts.
- Help to maintain tooling inventory.
- Provide material sizes and run times for quoting purposes.
- Quality check in process parts to ensure parts meet specs.
- Identifies need for and performs machine maintenance and minor repairs..
- Maintains a safe and clean workstation.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Operate CNC Waterjet to cut raw stock
- Understand requirements for AS9100 projects
- Complete documentation to ensure AS9100 procedures are followed.
- Hardware installation/CNC Press brake operator a plus.
- Produce parts with tolerances as low as +/- .0005
- 8 years minimum CNC experience/programming
- Must have strong CAD/CAM programming skills.
- Proficient with Solidworks/Inventor
- Excellent coordination and mechanical skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and safety
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to work in a high paced environment
- US Citizenship.
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Candidate must have the ability to work in a team environment; provide constructive alternatives/approaches to solving issues; be flexible; have a strong sense of urgency for critical tasks; and must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while effectively managing schedule and communicating process.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.