Our engineering team supporting Combat Integration and Identification Systems has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer. The positions are located at a US Navy facility in Southern Maryland in support of Identification, Friend or Foe (IFF) technology and involves direct customer interaction and cross-organization teamwork. The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to St. Mary’s County, Maryland and either possess, or can obtain, at minimum, a Secret security clearance.
- Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, test or evaluate software associated with Identify Friend or Foe (IFF) Identification Systems.
- Assists in the review and preparation of engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Participates in the software development process, including code creation, software/hardware integration, configuration management, and software quality assurance testing.
Minimum qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science from a College or University accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency, or Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering from an ABET Accredited Engineering Program
Experience and Skills:
- Experienced in both procedural and object-oriented computer programming languages and techniques (typically C, C++, and Java)
- Experienced in MS Windows 10 Operating System environment
- Demonstrated understanding of computer organization & architecture
- Interest and ability to perform software development on both real-time-embedded systems as well as user-interface applications
- Experienced with Software/Hardware integration techniques
- Experience in developing software, through the entire development process including certification, under a highly disciplined standard such as RTCA DO-178B or similar
- Demonstrated expertise in Software Engineering and Architecture practices.
- Experienced in Estimating Engineering Effort for planning, bids, and proposals
- Experienced in project management for software engineering
- Experienced in developing real-time-embedded systems for high-criticality applications such as medical or (preferably) avionics equipment
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply on line at http://www.goctsi.com EEO/Vet/Disability
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.